Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's Dogwood Time in Tyler County!

I love springtime! And here in southeast Texas, the dogwoods and azaleas are just beautiful!

My hubby and I live in the country, midways between his hometown and my hometown. Hence the name Midway Community. During this time of year, my hometown celebrates spring with three weekends of festivals, with the third weekend being the Dogwood Festival. It is a time filled with lots of activities. A parade, arts and crafts, a car show, food and fun! You can read more about it here.

Did I mention food? One of the festival favorites is pork-a-bobs! The long lines prove it to be delicious! So, I thought I would share my home version of this great fair food.



Start with thin boneless pork chops, cut in half lengthwise. Put in a ziploc bag and add Dale's marinade.



Just enough to cover the chops. Let it sit in the marinade for about 30 minutes in the fridge. Then skewer and grill them over a low heat until done. Easy peasy! And yummy! I hope you enjoy it!

Oh and one more thing, I have one follower! Yay, thanks Mom!!

Happy Spring!
Melanie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...